On June 5th, at the site of the Central Communications Service under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, was held a reporting meeting of the Minister of Culture and Sports of the Republic of Kazakhstan - Aktoty Raimkulova with the population. Minister emphasized that the COVID-19 pandemic had a particularly negative impact on the tourism industry.
However, in order to provide state support to the industry now, a whole package of anti-crisis measures, including tax and credit exemptions has been adopted. Under the Tourism Act, the following support measures will be provided:
1. The provision of preferences in the implementation of tourism investment projects, including exemption from customs duties and taxes;
2. Partial reimbursement of private business expenses during the construction of tourist facilities (up to 10% of the investment amount);
3. Partial reimbursement of the costs of a private business for the construction of roadside service facilities for business entities (up to 25% of the amount of investment);
4. Subsidies for the maintenance of roadside service facilities in the amount of up to 30 MCI;
5. Subsidizing the purchase of tourist-class vehicles (up to 25%);
6. Reimbursement of costs to airlines up to 100% for children on domestic routes.
It is worth mentioning that the ministry continues to work to massively attract international tourists. Today Kazakhstan has implemented the “Tax free” and the E-Konak systems.
Publication date : 09-06-2020